(as of Jun 19,2021 07:13:09 UTC – Details)
This bestselling classic by internationally acclaimed experts on communication between parents and children includes fresh insights and suggestions, as well as the author’s time-tested methods to solve common problems and build foundations for lasting relationships, including innovative ways to:
· Cope with your child’s negative feelings, such as frustration, anger, and disappointment
· Express your strong feelings without being hurtful
· Engage your child’s willing cooperation
· Set firm limits and maintain goodwill
· Use alternatives to punishment that promote self-discipline
· Understand the difference between helpful and unhelpful praise
· Resolve family conflicts peacefully
Enthusiastically praised by parents and professionals around the world, Faber and Mazlish’s down-to-earth, respectful approach makes relationships with children of all ages less stressful and more rewarding.
From the Publisher
How To Talk So Kids Will Listen And Listen So Kids Will Talk
Internationally acclaimed experts on communication between parents and children, Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish ‘are doing for parenting today what Dr. Spock did for our generation’ (Parent Magazine). Now, this classic includes fresh insights and suggestions as well as the author’s time-tested methods to solve common problems and build foundations for lasting relationships.
Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish are authors of whose books have sold more than five million copies and have been translated into over thirty languages. The authors’ group workshop programs and videos are currently being used by thousands of parent and teacher groups around the world. They currently reside in Long Island, New York and each is the parent of three children.