(as of Jun 19,2021 06:37:02 UTC – Details)
Part of The New Art and Science of Teaching series
Rely on this comprehensive guide to help you implement the teaching methods of Dr. Robert J. Marzano’s The New Art and Science of Teaching framework, which includes over 330 specific instructional strategies, 43 instructional elements, and 10 design questions. Each chapter outlines actionable steps, tips, and examples of implementation that will set you (and your students) up to succeed with this powerful framework in your classroom.
Added insight into Marzano’s research-based instructional strategies and teaching methods:
- Learn the history of Robert J. Marzano’s framework of teaching methods first laid out in his best-selling The Art and Science of Teaching.
- Thoroughly examine the updated The New Art and Science of Teaching framework for competency-based education.
- Explore numerous instructional strategies that correspond to each of the 43 elements of The New Art and Science of Teaching.
- Acquire examples that will assist in the realization of the instructional strategies discussed throughout the book.
- Discover strategies that will improve both the mental and physical environment of the classroom to better support student success.
- Reimagine how to develop relationships with students and generate student engagement. Access free reproducibles that will assist in implementing The New Art and Science of Teaching framework in classrooms.
A joint publication of ASCD and Solution Tree
Part I: Feedback
Chapter 1: Providing and Communicating Clear Learning Goals
Chapter 2: Using Assessments
Part II: Content
Chapter 3: Conducting Direct Instruction Lessons
Chapter 4: Conducting Practicing and Deepening Lessons
Chapter 5: Conducting Knowledge Application Lessons
Chapter 6: Using Strategies That Appear in All Types of Lessons
Part III: Context
Chapter 7: Using Engagement Strategies
Chapter 8: Implementing Rules and Procedures
Chapter 9: Building Relationships
Chapter 10: Communicating High Expectations
References and Resources
Books in The New Art and Science of Teaching series:
- The New Art and Science of Teaching
- The Handbook for the New Art and Science of Teaching
- The New Art and Science of Teaching Reading
- The New Art and Science of Teaching Writing
- The New Art and Science of Classroom Assessment